Together with 18 partners, NGVA Europe co-signed an open letter to Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice President-Designate of the European Commission.
The letter is about the contribution of Power-to-X fuels in achieving a climate-neutral Europe and the new Green Deal.
Power-to-X is a technology that is now ready for industrial scale-up, which needs an appropriate and supportive regulatory framework. In the context of the new College of Commissioners taking office and the start of a new legislative term, we call Frans Timmermans to:
- establish a European Hydrogen Strategy including Power-to-X and a roadmap on the development of an industrialised and competitive market for hydrogen in Europe, considering the production and applications of synthetic gases and liquid fuels and providing end-users with predictability regarding the blending of climate friendly gases into Europe’s gas pipelines.
- promote sector coupling and integration by facilitating regulatory bridges without blurring the individual responsibilities of the different sectors
- support research and development investments and build an innovative industrial system through cross-border cooperation and partnerships in Horizon Europe and other funding mechanisms
- establish a level-playing field for all technologies, adopting a neutral approach to policy and enabling all technologies to compete based on their cost-effectiveness, by also taking into account sustainability over the life cycle and their contribution to security of supply, system stability and schedulable flexibility
- globally promote Power-to-X as a crucial technology for reaching the goals of the Paris Agreement and to engage in Power-to-X partnerships with interested countries.
You can download the letter here or by clicking the button below