Together with 14 other signatories, we have published the joint statement for 'A Taxonomy Delivering Sustainable Growth in Europe'.
In includes 6 key principles the Sustainable Investment Regulation and derived Taxonomy should apply:
- The future Taxonomy should help implement the adopted EU legislation
- The future Taxonomy’s criteria and thresholds should be impact assessed prior to their application
- The future Taxonomy’s criteria and thresholds should also be developed and assessed by EU Member States and stakeholders. This should be done before they start applying
- The future Taxonomy should be technology neutral and lead to investment in innovation, infrastructure and solutions that help achieve the EU goals cost-effectively
- The future Taxonomy should adopt a transitional, evidence-based and pragmatic approach
- The future Taxonomy should better tackle environmental sustainability but also the social and economic pillars of sustainability
Download the Joint Statement here or by clicking the button below.